As I've been making my way through this whole 'Blog-a-day' challenge, it's been fun to try to decide what to write about for each topic. Last week when I was blogging, Jordan asked when I was going to blog about him (cocky much?!). I went and spouted off a few topics that I could use him as my subject. . . . . . . . . . .Tiny, 2 More Minutes, Size, Silly Face. I giggled as I told him all the things I could talk about. But he didn't find it amusing. :) So, I thought I would cut him some slack and do a sweet one. And wouldn't you know, today's topic was Extraordinary. So let's go with that one.
There's no doubt, that I find our relationship, the journey getting here, overcoming obstacles over the years, and the man that he is today, extraordinary. When we first met in the Spring of 2002 in college, neither one of us were looking to get into a relationship. I'd consider us both 'damaged goods' at that point in our lives. I was recovering from the downfall of a very unhealthy relationship and trying to make my way through college while juggling so much. He was a little screwed up from his ex messing with his head, and let's be honest, he didn't have a job when we met and he rarely went to class. Boy, weren't we a match. :) But somehow, that handsome fellow found his way into my heart (and maybe my pants) rather quickly. I knew after our first date that he was the one I would marry. That's some crazy sh*t right there. It was a whirlwind romance (filled with heated fights and make-up sessions), but he got down on one knee on the beach and put a ring on it 8 months later.
Over the years we've weathered many storms with our extraordinary love carrying us through. Shoot, we've been together nearly 11 years now and still manage to put up with each other. One of the most extraordinary things he ever gave me was our two sons. Yep, I'd say he had a pretty big part in creating those two. I will forever be grateful for the kind of extraordinary father that he has turned out to be. (Not that I ever doubted him.) And his extraordinary love for me is the greatest, and I like to think that I return it in the same amount.
I always tell him that when it's our time to leave this earth, it better be together. For some reason, I envision us as Noah and Allie from The Notebook holding each other as we take our last breaths. It just doesn't even seem possible that I would be able to survive if he were to leave before me. Literally, I wouldn't be able to breathe. I truly believe that you only have a 'once-in-a-lifetime-love' and ours is extraordinary.


No comments:
Post a Comment