Today, I'm thankful for my job. I know my job/career can get a bad rap sometimes with busy season and long hours. Those challenges that come with my job
most times seem worth it, with the perks that I get in return. For the majority of times, my job is flexible. If the boys have a holiday party, Easter egg hunt, Muffins with Mom, etc., 99% of the time I will be able to attend it during the day. And if one of the boys are sick and I need to stay home or take them to the doctor all of a sudden, it's usually not a big deal and I can work from home as needed. With my trusty Blackberry (which I have a love/hate relationship with!) and laptop, I can usually work wherever or whenever if I need to adjust my hours. Although I am considered 'part-time' and take a proportional pay cut for that, I feel that I'm fairly compensated. And the six weeks vacation time is a great perk. :) Overall, even though I'll be griping about having to work 60-70 hour weeks come February and March, I'm thankful for my job. It's allowed me to provide for my family, in a time when there are so many unemployed right now. And somehow we keep getting named to the
'Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For' and 'Working Mother Magazine's 100 Best Companies Top 10'. That's gotta count for something!
Okay, now that I've given KPMG a great plug on my blog, do I get an extra bonus? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment