Katrina and I switched off driving and nearly five hours later, we arrived at our hotel. We unpacked our stuff, got changed into our swimsuits, and headed down to the pool! Austin has gotten braver each time at the pool and likes for me to let go of him so he can float on his own....
And Mommy was nice enough to get a virgin pina colada, because I knew a certain little guy would want some of it. Oh, the sacrifices I make.....
We decided to lay low the first night, ordered in pizza, and roasted marshmallows in the fire pits for s'mores! We needed a good night's rest to be ready for our first day at Sea World!
One of the reasons I chose this hotel, was because it was a 1/2 mile away from Sea World and had a free shuttle so we could avoid the traffic lines and parking fees. Needless to say, Austin loved riding in a big boy seat and not in his carseat.
Once we arrived, we made our rounds. We came back again for seconds on Wednesday to try to cover all of the highlights.
We first visited the new 'Sesame Street Bay of Play' to play in the splashpark and ride some rides. He was such a big boy on the rides, even trying to keep his hands in the air on one of them!
As you can imagine, we spent alot of time in the 'Lost Lagoon Waterpark' area to get some relief from the 100 degree heat. He was a little fish again, and loved the wave pool when Mommy would fling him up in the air above the waves.
I think one of the highlights of our visit was feeding the dolphins, which we did both days. He really liked getting up close and personal and hasn't stopped talking about feeding them since we got home.
Of course, we couldn't leave Sea World without a keepsake for Austin and a t-shirt as a consolation prize for Chase. Austin loves his penguin and even wrapped him in a blanket to rock him to sleep on the car ride back home on Thursday.
As you can imagine, all of the excitement at Sea World will exhaust a toddler beyond belief. Thankfully, as he got a powernap in, so did Mommy and Meow-Meow. After we recovered on Tuesday night, we headed to the Riverwalk to take in the sights, grab a bite to eat, and take the riverboat tour. Once again, Austin didn't disappoint. He waved to the shoppers, diners, walkers (basically anybody who would make eye contact with him) as we floated by on the boat. And he kept saying, 'That man's a crazy driver!' about our boat driver. :)
I'm sure there are alot more details that I left out, but honestly, I'm too tired. Just use your imagination on what all you can do at Sea World and we did it. :) The worst part about our trip: the drive back. Ugh. But Austin was such a trooper and we had a blast. The only thing missing...........Jordan, Chase, and Logan! Maybe next time!


No comments:
Post a Comment