Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Down and Out

Yesterday morning, I had to undergo a 'procedure' at the Dr.'s office.  I won't go into the details of what it was for and what it entailed.  But it required me to be under general anesthesia for almost 45 minutes, which can worry anybody.  After coming to, nibbling on some crackers, sipping some juice, and talking to the nurses, I was wheeled out to the car and sent home with my nurse, a.k.a Jordan.  I shook the whole way home, as the pain meds hadn't quite kicked in yet.  We barely made it home before I swung open the passenger door and threw up everywhere.  Yuck!  I knew the nausea was inevitable, just by how my body had previously responded to anesthesia when I had my c-sections.  But I knew that I was in good hands at home.  After a Xanax, Vicodin, and a heating pad, I drifted off to la-la land for most of the day in bed.  The boys were at daycare all day, so it made for an easy relaxing day while I recovered. 

Jordan had to work today, so it was Katrina and Logan to my rescue.  There was no way I could have been left alone with the boys all day by myself.  The Vicodin itself made me dizzy and groggy all day long.  And the nausea was back again.  Luckily, Austin had a fun-filled day in store with LoLo and MeowMeow.  They whisked Austin away for some fun and left Chase behind with me.  He was pretty low maintenance, and I got to take two 2-hour naps along with him, so it was okay. :)  After bringing Austin back, they picked up dinner for me and Austin before heading out.  Jordan would be home from work soon, so I could manage.

Hopefully I can relax a little more tomorrow, before heading back to work on Monday.  Then back to the Dr.'s office on Thursday for a post-op appointment to make sure everything looks alright and touch base on another matter that may need some attention soon.  Ugh, why can't my body just be normal and function like it should?!

Thank you to everyone for your well wishes! :)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Glad that it's over- and hope that you feel better soon!