Time for a road trip! I knew we wouldn't be able to spring for a big vacation this year since going on the cruise last summer and with Chase being so young still. So, it was decided that San Antonio would suffice as a quick getaway. Unfortunately, since Jordan just started his new job last month, he wasn't going to be able to take time off yet. Bummer. But luckily, my sister is a teacher and already getting stir crazy being out of school and quickly agreed to accompany me on the trip. I debated on bringing Chase, but ultimately decided to leave him behind. It's going to be 100 degrees outside, and I just didn't think it would be a good idea. Since we're going during the week, Chase can still go to daycare during the day while I'm gone. This will be the first time I will have spent a night away from him, so it'll be a little hard, especially being gone three nights. Hopefully he will be good for Daddy. We're bringing along the laptop so that we can at least Skype and see each other. You gotta love technology these days.
Monday morning my sister and I will be headed to San Antonio with Austin in tow. I'm hoping that he won't mind the 4-5 hour drive down there and behaves. We've booked a nice hotel a 1/2 mile away from Sea World and planning to go two days. With a full waterpark there now, it's just so hard to pack everything into one day. I had originally planned on staying at another hotel without all the bells and whistles that was a little further away from Sea World. But I found a great deal on this Hilton and they have a separate pool/splashpark for kids, firepits outside to make s'mores, and a shuttle to take you to Sea World. Sounds great to me! The only thing missing? My husband and my other kid! :( But we'll make the best of this trip. This will be a much-needed break from work for me; my 'part-time' schedule hasn't really been that part-time for the past month or so.
I just giggle when I think about my sister and I going on this trip with Austin. Before Chase was born and the two of us would take Austin to dinner or to play somewhere, we would always joke about 'Austin and his two mommies'. For some reason I feel like people stare at us like we are 'life partners' out with our kid. Well, we are life partners; sisters for life! :) I'm sure it will be a fun trip, filled with lots of laughs, all of us in the same bed, and fun at Sea World. Can't wait to go and share pics!
Last time we took Austin to Sea World, he was 10 months old....
Dear my Birthday Bruh,
5 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment