Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Day 5: GIVE a home-cooked meal to a family

I had to plan in advance for which night this would occur. It's quite the feat for me to get home from work and cook my own family a meal, let alone make enough for others! But I planned for a day when I would be working from home to allow myself some extra prep time. Then throw in a rainy day, a hubby working late, and a sleepy/cranky toddler. Yay! But we did it! I didn't necessarily get to document the dinner-making or the delivery with pictures like I planned, so I'll improvise.
 
I decided to treat our neighbors, the Maples, with a home-cooked meal. Since they moved onto our cul-de-sac 3 years ago, we quickly grew into a great friendship. And they have two kids as well, so it's easy for the kids to play together and/or for us to have one of our 'driveway drinking' nights. ;) They're also great enough friends/neighbors that we have garage door openers to each others' houses, so that when we go out of town for a night or two, the others can check on the pups. It's a win-win for all of us!
 
I love to cook and bake; that's no secret. Heck, my mom/sis/I put together a cookbook of our favorite recipes a couple years ago. Anyways, one of my easier dishes is baked ziti. Who doesn't love a good cheesy Italian dish?! Complete with some garlic bread, of course.

+ 
 =

No comments: