Remember back in November, when I mentioned something about Austin knocking my work laptop off the couch, resulting in it not even booting up anymore? Well, our PC Backup system at work backs up my files almost daily. However, it does not back up pictures, videos, or music. Ahhhhhhhh! You can imagine my panic when I realized I had just lost every single picture from the past several years. Yeah, yeah, you're probably wondering why I hadn't backed them up online or on an external hard drive. But hey, I've been busy raising kids, working, etc.! Anyways, luckily (I guess), my email files did not get backed up by our system. But I really needed all of these emails and the files that were in them for my clients. In comes the advantage of working for a gigantic firm. They sent my hard drive out to an outside vendor to try to recover my emails. If I was lucky enough for them to recover the emails, they would pay the fee, and I would be able to get any other files (pictures/videos) included in the recovery. Finally, after a month and half and $1,400 (not out of my pocket!), I happily received ALL of my pictures and videos back this morning! Oh, and my email files. :) Needless to say, I have been in a terrific mood today; there was no way I was going to accept the fact that other than pictures on Facebook or my blog, all pictures of the kiddos and anything we've done in the past few years were lost forever.
Okay, lesson learned. I've now backed up all of my pictures and videos online. :) Whew, that was a close one!
Dear my Birthday Bruh,
5 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment