Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Back to the Grind

It's my least favorite time of year.....busy season.  After enjoying my long break for the holidays, I'm back to the grind at work. And I'm already wishing it will be over soon. It sucks to be an auditor this time of year.  And no, I don't do taxes! It doesn't matter how long I've known people, they still seem to think I do income taxes, just because I'm a CPA.  Wrong! Even Jordan said something the other night about how I'll be busy til April 15th.  Hello!!!  March 31st, get with it.  Anyways, I digress.  Work is definitely picking up, but nothing like it will be a month from now when I'm logging 60-70 hours a week, even at being part-time. :( But I can do it, for just one more busy season.

One more?!  Yep. No, I'm not quitting KPMG; although I have thought about it immensely over the past year.  After I finish up this busy season, I will be starting a two-year rotation in a different group at work.  I'll be able to work partly from home and partly from the Dallas office.  I'll be able to be more involved with higher-ups, risk management, audit methodology, and our new eAudit tool.  Are you bored yet?  Bottom line, I won't be working crazy hours and will have a more structured 8-5 type of gig.  And I will most likely be able to go back to 'full-time' status and collect 100% of my salary!  Hooray!  Because let's face it, with a second kid, we're definitely feeling that 15% salary reduction I have right now. 

Anyways, I'm excited and scared about my new position.  Excited to finally get a more predictable schedule and do something a little different, but scared of a learning curve in a new role.  I'm hoping it will be a great move, opening up more doors down the road, and will vastly improve my work/life balance.

Well, that's the update for now!  Here are some pics of the boys!
Chase loved swinging at the park!
Austin feeling a little under the weather this week :(

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Austin looks so sad. Congrats on the new gig! That's great!

Diana said...

Congrats on the new position! It sounds like it will be the perfect fit for your schedule. And don't worry about the learning curve... I am sure you will pick it up very quickly!