Finally, a moment to catch up on some blogging. (But don't get used to it; once I return to work on Monday for busy season, you won't be hearing much from me.) I can't believe that our sweet Chase turned ONE today! It was a crazy day, getting everything ready for the party up to the very last minute. I'm literally exhausted and thankful we don't have anymore big celebrations until the summer. Anyways, I will do my top 10 things I love about my sweet little boy, and not in any sort of order.
1. Your love for food. Really, it doesn't matter what it is, you absolutely inhale it. You get food in every crevice and it's a pain to clean you up. But you enjoy food so much and it's make me happy to have someone enjoy my cooking (or the local fast food chain). And to think that you were such a little baby when we brought you home, but you quickly bulked up on your formula and food.
2. Your ladykiller eyes. Those blue eyes of yours get me every single time. It doesn't matter what you're doing; all you have to do is flash those baby blues and I will do anything you want. I don't know where you got those fabulous eyes, but you're going to be quite the hit with the ladies when you get older.
3. You love to sleep. And if people know anything about me, they know I love to sleep too. So, this one makes me really happy and excited. This past week at Great Wolf, you slept in until 10am both days (and this morning on your birthday!). That's what I call a vacation! You're so easy, and go to sleep on your own after playing in your crib for a while.
4. You love to cuddle. Anytime I pick you up, you love to snuggle up cheek-to-cheek with me. And on the occasions when I have laid you down in the bed with me when you've been sick, you like to get right in my nook and nestle up close. I will continue to cherish these days when you like to cuddle, because I know it won't be forever.
5. You're so easy-going. Let's be honest here. Since you're the second child, I drag you along to lots of things and you just roll with the punches. You don't really ever cry unless you're hungry or sleepy. So mellow and happy all the time!
6. You're independent. Just like your brother was, you are able to play independently. I appreciate that you can entertain yourself in the playroom while Mommy whips up dinner or sends an email for work.
7. It warms my heart to see you with your big brother. The two of you play so well together, and you love getting into stuff in Austin's room. I can tell that you already look up to him and he will continue to show you the ropes as you two get into trouble together in the years to come.
8. You love the dog. Just like your brother, you are drawn to Brady. That poor dog lets the two of you do pretty much anything to him. I love to watch you jet across the room when you spot him and pet and kiss him. When you were younger and would cry at night, I could always find Brady waiting at your door or in your room. I can tell the two of you will be best buddies.
9. You're so ticklish. Everywhere. You giggle up a storm with the slightest touch and even do the 'silent giggle' when you have a hard time catching you breath. It's so heart-warming to hear your laugh and brings a smile to face instantly.
10. You love your companion, Gus. Ever since you were born, you have slept with Gus and cuddled with him. And now I love to watch you carry Gus in your mouth as you crawl through the house. Maybe you think you're a puppy, but it's so sweet to watch. You reach for him instantly when you see him and hold him tight. Mommy recently had to scour the internet to find a back-up Gus for emergencies. You have Gus; Austin has Woofie. So sweet!
That's it for now. This Momma's tired!
Dear my Birthday Bruh,
5 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment