Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love Fest!

Is it really already Valentine's Day?!  I swear these past few weeks have been crazy hectic and I barely found time to get all the Valentine goodies together.  First off, here's a pic of my two Valentines this morning. Austin is being a ham, as usual; and don't you love his rain boots?!  He inists on wearing them all the time like his friends at school.  And Chase is my little Cuddlebug.  That's his new nickname these days, as he loves to cuddle. And I soak up every second of it!  He wouldn't sit still very well this morning for a picture, so this is as good as it gets.


 Okay, onto my crafts.  I have had many late nights in the past week taking care of the boys, doing some work I brought home, and wrapping up all of these Valentine's.  This momma is exhausted!  Of course, Pinterest provided lots of inspirations, and it was difficult to decide what to go with.  For Austin's class, I decided to make these cute envelopes made out of felt, with each kid's initial on the front.  Inside, there was a Valentine card and some M&M's.  In the beginning, I thought they were adorable and the greatest idea ever.  By the time I was hand-sewing the button on #10 (of 25!), I was totally over it.  But I pushed through and got them finished.

For Chase, I went back-and-forth on what to do.  I ended up making these heart-shaped pillows with each kids' initials on the front. And on the back there was a little pocket to tuck in some goldfish for his friends.  The boys got teal and the girls got pink.  These actually went together way faster than Austin's; maybe it's because there's only 12 kids in Chase's class. :) (And yes, I took them to his class in a V.S. bag.)


Tonight I've got to make some treats for my audit team to take to work tomorrow. Heart-shaped red velvet whoopie pies......they're going to be delicious!

Anyways, Happy Valentine's Day! Jordan and I enjoyed parents' night out last Friday, munching on hibachi, having drinks, and watched The Vow.  It was a much-needed date for us, and he topped it off last night with some beautiful pink tulips from him and the boys.  Love them! 

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You went all out!! You're that mama who puts all other mamas to shame. STOP IT! You're making the rest of us look bad!

:) Totally kidding, I love you and all of your creative ideas!