Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, October 24, 2011

Austin's 3 Year Pics!

Okay, remember a few months ago when Jordan got me my new fabulous Nikon camera for my birthday?  And then I bought Photoshop and swore to never pay anyone to take pictures of my kids ever again?  Well, I'm staying true to that!  With Austin's 3rd birthday less than three weeks away, I wanted to get him out to take pictures while the weather was still nice.  I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day to take pictures of my first-born this past Saturday.  I decided to venture to the downtown McKinney area, that way I could parlay this photoshoot into scoping out the chapel and reception site for my sister's wedding nearby.

Let's just say, this kid was quite the ham for the camera.  But I have to admit, there were a few moments where he was a little more difficult, so I bribed him with ice cream.  Here are a few of my favorites:





Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I think I did a pretty darn good job!  But of course, I did have a handsome subject to start off with. :)

After the photo shoot and checking out the chapel/reception site, my sister talked me into going on an impromptu shopping trip with her.  She had just booked her engagement pictures for the following day and needed new outfits, pronto!  But wait, I've got two munchkins attached to my hip.  Here comes Uncle LoLo to the rescue!  He loves his fiance' so much, he watched my two boys for three hours while Katrina and I shopped for the perfect attire.  Well, and he loves my boys!  It was naptime for both of them, so I was a little unsure how that would go at their apartment, since I hadn't packed anything in preparation for this impromptu stay.  Austin made himself comfortable on the couch watching cartoons and drifted off to sleep after a while.  Chase was a little restless and refused to sleep on a pallet on the floor. But it was sooooo sweet to walk into their apartment and find Chase napping ever-so-soundly on Uncle LoLo.  Thank you Logan for watching my boys; you're the best!

No comments: