Late last night, as I was perusing the internet because I couldn't sleep, I came across a quote. 'To have a loving relationship with a sister is not simply to have a buddy or a confident -- it is to have a soulmate for life.' SO TRUE, especially these days. So I thought I would dedicate a post to two of my favorite people in my life: Katrina and Logan.

When my sister and I were growing up, we definitely had our moments, like every pair of sisters have.

Especially in our teenage years, there were some rough patches. But as we have grown up and blossomed into adults, our bond has gotten unbelievably stronger. I have also grown to understand that we are two completely different people, but so similar at the same time. Over the past five years or so, we have gotten even closer, her even having lived with Jordan and I for nearly 3 years. The bond we share is unbreakable and I know that I can call her when I need her at the drop of a hat. We have learned that as long as we stick together, we can make it through anything, and we have proven that time and again.

Needless to say, I was pretty sad when she graduated college last May and would be flying the coop to move out on her own.

But I knew she was in great hands, Logan's hands to be exact. They've been together for over two years know, and I can only hope that he will be in our family forever. He is one of the most caring, selfless, and fun-loving guys I have ever met. Not only are these two some of my favorite people, but also Austin's (and soon to be Chase's, I'm sure). He LOVES his Aunt Meow Meow and Uncle LoLo, like nothing else.

We love having the two of them come visit nearly every weekend to hang out with us and the boys. I would kinda expect my sister to be good with her nephews, but Logan has been just as committed. Austin just lights up when they get here, and it's kind of a competition to see which one of them he runs to first. :) I can only hope that once my sister has kids of her own one day, I will share a special bond with them as well.

But I am truly thankful to have Katrina and Logan in my life. It's nice to be able to hang out with my best friend every weekend. And Logan has become like a brother to me. Jordan and I can always count on them to be there for us, whether it's just to play some b-ball in the driveway, watching the boys for us, or weathering the storm of family problems with us. We are truly grateful to have you in our lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment