When Jordan and I met in college through a mutual friend, the last thing I was looking for was love. After just coming out of a relationship, I was just looking to go out, drink, and have a good time. Little did I know, that the cute guy with a goatee wearing a Red Sox cap backwards would steal my heart almost instantly. After dating a short 8 months, Jordan proposed to me on the beach in Corpus Christi before the fall semester started back up. Although surprised and never having talked about marriage before, I said yes! 11 months later, we had the most beautiful wedding I could have imagined. (Thanks Mom!) The first 5 years of our marriage were devoted to finishing up college, buying a house, building up savings,and just enjoying each other's company. We went on many wonderful vacations, enjoying our independence. After finally getting pregnant last year, we knew our relationship would be taken to the next level, when we would welcome our first child into the world in November. Not only did we have to love each other unconditionally, we would also have to set a great example to our son of how a marriage should be.
Now, don't get me wrong; no marriage is perfect, and I don't claim ours to be. We've had some tough times, but it has only made our relationship stronger. I honestly can say I love him more today than the day I jumped up into his white Chevy truck with big mud tires.:)
So, with that being said, I love you Jordan. Happy Anniversary!!


No comments:
Post a Comment