Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, July 6, 2009

Summertime & Stomach Viruses

My favorite time of year!! I love the summertime! Especially when I have a handsome little man rocking his swimsuit in the pool with me. :) We've had a pretty relaxing past two weeks, now that mom's surprise party is finally over with. Work has been kinda slow, which is nice. Jordan took me on a 2 hour sunset catamaran ride around the lake for my birthday two weeks ago. It was so nice and relaxing.

We also had Jordan's 10 year reunion last weekend. We went, mingled, and had a few drinks. Nothing too fancy at all, and there weren't any awkward moments with ex-girlfriends, thank goodness. Katrina and her boyfriend watched Austin at the house for us while we went, which was convenient. But we got a call at 11pm from her. Before she went to bed, she peeked in on Austin and noticed that he had thrown up all in his bed and was just laying in it. They got him up, changed the sheets, and gave him a bath. He was still throwing up, but never cried a peep, poor little guy! We got home about 30 minutes later, and he slept the rest of the night. He was still not feeling well and had a bit of a fever on Sunday, so we just hung around the house. Jordan stayed home with him Monday and took him to the Dr. They said he had an ear infection and a stomach virus that had to just run its course. That afternoon, I started to not feel well at work, so I left early. I didn't even make it home all the way before getting sick. When I arrive home, Jordan started getting sick, and Austin projectile vomited all over me and the couch. Just lovely!! Thank goodness my mom came over to help take care of Austin, since Jordan and I were just racing for the bathrooms. It was a long night, and none of us started feeling well until late the next day. We did find out that Austin LOVES bubble gum flavored Pedialyte. He was just guzzling the stuff. I still wasn't ready to send him to daycare on Wednesday, so my mom stayed home with him since I had two meetings at work I had to go to. But sure enough, about 1pm, Mom texted me that she was now sick and asked if I could come home to get Austin. And my sis started getting sick that day. So, the whole family ended up getting this wonderful virus. But we're all feeling much better now. Although, it was a great 5 lb. jumpstart to my goal weight. :)

We had a nice 5-day weekend over July 4th for work. One day was a paid-vacation day, and then there were two mandatory vacation days (thanks to the wonderful economy). But whatever, I'm not going to argue with 5 days away from work! I started the break off with a spa day that Jordan got me for my birthday. I had an 80-min massage, hour facial, and a pedicure. It was amazing and so relaxing. So, thanks Jordan!! Then the rest of the days we just hung out at the pool and just relaxed. Austin really loves the pool, whether it's the big pool, or the kiddie pool I bought him. That boy is just a little fishy!! We also took him to watch the fireworks, and he did pretty good and wasn't scared at all.He is so close to crawling, it's scary. But in the meantime, he gets around pretty good by just rolling or scooting where ever he wants. And he babbles all the time. I practice 'Momma' with him all the time, but I have yet to even hear the 'M' sound come out of his mouth. I think he's just trying to torment me. However, he does keep saying this one phrase over and over again that sounds like 'Hi Puppy', which could be exactly what he's saying. Brady and Bailey are always around and that's what we say when they're around him. He has so much to say though, it's just a matter of time. No new teeth besides the bottom two, but I think the top two will be coming very soon. Austin samples nearly everything off of my plate these days and just eats anything he's given. I can't believe he will be 8 months old next week; it just doesn't even seem possible! I've been seriously getting baby fever lately. But I know that we need to wait until Austin turn 1 before we start trying again. :(

Well, as of July 1st, I am officially a Manager at KPMG. In the last few years, I never thought I would make it this far. But here I am, and now I'm getting a little nervous. I've decided to stay full-time, rather than go part-time. Going part-time would not necessary alleviate having to stay late during busy season, so what's the point? With that being said, I know it's going to be a difficult year, so I'm trying to stay positive. But I'm so scared that I won't be there for Austin enough. I know that Jordan or my Mom could pick up Austin everyday from daycare if they had to. But that doesn't mean that I want to be working late every night and him be in bed before I get home. I don't know; I guess I just need to understand what my priorities are and do what's right for my family.

Okay, enough rambling, I have to return to work tomorrow after a 5-day break, so I better get to bed. I'll have another update next week for Austin's 8 month birthday!

No comments: