I know, I'm about 2 weeks late on getting around to posting about Chase's 3rd birthday party. After my two-week Christmas break, I returned back to the chaos of work and haven't seemed to slow down at all. Anyways, onto the party details!
We opted for a Mickey-themed celebration this year. I procrastinated and got busy with the work and holidays, so I didn't even start planning/crafting until 2 weeks before the big celebration. And with my OCD, that was clearly not enough time (in my mind)! Pinterest provided alot of ideas, of course, and after a few late nights up in the craft room, we had ourselves a party!
As usual, we had our themed-wreath on the front door to welcome the guests....
And I also made this cute custom sign to put outside. My head was nearly exploding with ideas for this party. I just didn't have time to execute all of them!
Mickey-themed food was everywhere - Toodles Noodles, Minnie's Munchies, Pete's PB&J, Goofy's Grapes, etc. You get the idea!
But the best was our 'Hot Diggity Dog Bar'! Who knew you could throw 30 hot dogs in a crockpot and cook them perfectly?! Then provide some chili, cheese, onions, jalapenos, and the usual condiments, and you've got a hot dog bar!
Chase got a new Mickey desk that he absolutely loves from his MeowMeow and LoLo. Not only does he insist on sitting in it to watch tv, color, read a book, but to eat a few meals in as well. ;)
Mommy & Daddy scoured 4 Wal-Marts, 3 Targets, and 3 Toys R' Us stores to find a Power Wheels after Christmas. I guess in all my procrastination, I didn't plan on most stores being completely sold out after the Christmas chaos. But don't worry, we found one after hunting for what seemed like forever. But then at the big reveal, he completely bypassed his new ride and went straight to bubba's old Jeep. Looks like Austin got the upgrade! Whatever; as long as they're not fighting and everyone has something to ride, I could care less.
When it came time to sing Happy Birthday to the birthday boy, he got all shy!
Can't believe this kid is 3 years old!!! I don't know where the time went!
One of my favorite things I made for the party was this cuuuuute sign. I saw something similar on Etsy, but after hunting down a few Disney fonts on the internet, woolah! It's now hanging up in his room.
It was a great party and we're thankful for the friends and family that came to hang out with us. Chase was spoiled rotten with a lot of gifts, one of which was a case of applesauce......he loved it!



No comments:
Post a Comment