Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, July 22, 2013

Anniversary Post #1: Betcha Didn't Know!

At the end of this week, Jordan and I will finally celebrate a DECADE of matrimony! Holy crap, we actually made it!  In celebration, I plan to do a full week of blogs honoring all these years together. Today, I'm going to start with a 'Betcha Didn't Know' blog (yes, I stole this from a friend/fellow blogger!).
  • Jordan and I had NEVER discussed getting married before he popped the big question on the beach that night. But he was so confident, he had already purchased my engagement ring, wedding ring, AND his wedding ring. (That could have definitely been an awkward return to the jewelry store!)
  • We recently commemorated our ten years of wedded bliss with tattoos. Yes, while it was tempting to stamp JHo2 on our asses, I like to think we went with something a little classier. Yeah, I know, tattoos aren't for everybody, but we had talked about doing it for awhile and are happy with the outcome.
  • Jordan made me chocolate chip cookies and had them delivered to the sorority house before our first date. I worked in a bakery all throughout college and was always making goodies for everyone else, and he wanted to flip the tables for once. Such a sweetheart!
  • It was lust at first sight, not love at first sight. We had both come out of some unhealthy relationships, and the last thing we wanted was to settle down. Funny how things work out!
  • Jordan and I may have met sooner, if he actually went to his college classes the semester before. We had a couple together, but to due to his lack of attendance, we never met. It was only after I had expressed interest in one of his friends that we finally met out at a bar one night.
  • Jordan sexually harasses me on the days I work from home. I think maybe I need to write a code of conduct for him to follow when I'm on the clock in my home office!
  • We sold our first home in a week, on a whim, and had no place to go! Obviously, this was before the housing market crashed, and we made a pretty good profit from it.
  • We don't usually say 'I Love You' to each other. 'Love Love' is more our style, and the boys do it as well.
  • I always tell Jordan that when it's our time to go, I want us to be like Noah & Allie from The Notebook and go together, at the same time. Maybe that sounds morbid, but I don't really know how either of us would survive without the other half.
  • Anytime either of us does something like give into the kids, let them just eat Cheetos for dinner, stay up til midnight on the weekend, etc., we just look at each, high-five, and say 'Parents of the Year'!

No comments: