Okay,
I’m finally getting around to blogging about mine and Jordan’s
anniversary! July 26th marked
our NINE year wedding anniversary! Pat on the back for us, let’s be honest,
because that’s pretty good for kids people our age!
We have several friends who have already been married, divorced, and
then married again. Hell, we’ve been married longer than anybody I know (except
for old people!). I don’t make it a
secret that I’m not a fan of divorce, unless absolutely necessary. I think
people jump into marriages a little too easy these days, knowing that divorce
is an easy way out if needed. But not for me.
This
past year has been challenging, but we made it through. I’d have to say that
right now, our relationship is probably in a better spot than when we were first married. It’s crazy to say that, but it’s true. We got married when were young
(I had just turned 21, and Jordan 22), so we still had a lot to learn about
ourselves, each other, and life in general. People change, mature, figure out
what they want out of life, and we all screw up every now and then. But
somehow, through it all, we have persevered and been committed to making this
work. It hasn’t always been easy or fun, but we’re here. We don’t like each
other everyday (who does!?), but we’re still in love. We’re each others' best
friend, know each other’s moods, and like spending time together. Our relationship isn't perfect, but it's real. With our boys, we have a great little family
and I thank God everyday for it. I couldn't have asked God to bring me a more perfect match for me and a wonderful father to his mini-me's. And
thanks to my newfound passion for reading (Fifty Shades, included!), our
passion has found a new spark as well. :) I know, I know, who wants to hear about that. But once
you’ve been with somebody for ten years, you need to spice it up every now and
then!
Anyways,
to celebrate our anniversary, we went to stay at the Gaylord for a two-night
staycation. We were fortunate enough for
Meow Meow and LoLo to come to our rescue and stay with the boys while we were
away. (She said it was a piece of cake!)
We missed them dearly, but enjoyed some alone time with great food,
drinks, and lounging poolside. It was
pretty mellow, but that’s what we wanted.
Happy
Anniversary, satchmo, and here’s to many more years! Love Love! Totally excited for next year when we make it a whole decade and get to head off to Hawaii!!
All gussied up, ready for dinner!
Soooo handsome!
Chilling at the pool bar!
Yummy :)


1 comment:
9 years is awesome! We're also planning.on a 10 yr Hawaii trip!
Post a Comment