Okay, time for my first necessary
blog update. Guess what…………..I’m 30!
That’s right, it’s official that I’m an old lady. L I didn’t
really think that turning 30 was going to be a big deal. But ughhhhh,
seriously. I decided I didn’t want to do
much for my birthday, no need for a big blowout or anything; not really my
style. For some reason, I decided to go
into work for a half day. I had a great
group of friends/co-workers who organized a birthday lunch for me at my
favorite place. And they even brought along a cookie cake for me! After getting back from lunch, I knew there
was no way I was going to get any work done, so I headed home. Jordan and I threw our suits on and headed to
the pool for a bit. But oh my, it was scorching hot outside in mid-June
and we were literally melting away. Needless to say, we didn't last long.
We had planned to go down to the Harbor for dinner and
drinks to celebrate that night. But only after I fulfilled one of my major
sisterly/matron-of-honor duties first. I had got to go with Katrina while she took
her bridal portraits. Yeah, it sucked
that I had to go do this the night of my birthday, but honestly, I’m glad I was
able to be there for her. She was
breathtaking and the pictures turned out amazing! After getting home around 9:30 and getting
our babysitter settled, we had to modify our plans since it was getting late
(it was a Thursday!) and just headed up to our local Chili’s instead. Give me a
hard time if you want, but I don’t need much, and Chili’s was just fine for me
to relax with my love with some appetizers and cold beer. Just what I needed! The following day, our foursome (me, Jordan,
Kat & Lo) grilled out and relaxed at Kat & Lo’s
pool for the afternoon. It was a mellow
birthday celebration, but it was just my style.


No comments:
Post a Comment