Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, June 1, 2012

One: Discovery

When I first saw the topic of today's post, I figured that I would do a sweet post on some of the new things that the kids were discovering and how much they've grown.  Well, this post is taking a slight turn, based on one of Chase's recent discoveries............climbing out of his crib.  Austin never tried to climb out of the crib, and Chase has never really shown any interest in it either. But then I heard screaming on the baby monitor at 1:30 this morning.  Something about it didn't sound right, and as soon as I glanced at the video monitor, somethings was definitely not right about what I saw..............Chase standing lost in his room.  I cursed a few words and went running in there to scoop him up.  He had a big bump on his head, his nose was red ans starting to swell, and there was blood in his month. After I held him in my arms to calm him down, I laid him down on the floor so that I could try to get a better look in his mouth.  He just went completely silent and his eyes started to close like he was going to pass out. Of course, Mommy freaks out and the tears start to fall.  We quickly threw on some clothes, called to wake our wonderful neighbors to drop Austin off, and headed up to the local ER.  And call me a bad Mommy, but I didn't put Chase in his carseat. I just held him closely in my arms in the front seat to make sure he stayed awake.  Luckily, our local ER is awesome and never crowded, so we were seen immediately.  After looking him over, we decided it was best to get a CAT scan just to be safe. The doctor was even worried that he may have had a broken nose, poor guy.  He did incredibly well, as we laid him down on the CAT scan table, wrapped him tightly in the sheet, and I (wearing my big lead vest) held him down so that he would remain still.  He was such a trooper and we got the images on the first try!  Everything came back fine, and we were sent on our way.  We've kept him home from school today, so that we can monitor him to make sure that there are no signs of a concussion, but that kid just scared the crap out of me last night. It was just so bizarre.  Anyways, prayers for Chase, that his goose egg on his head, sore nose, and teeth heal from this recent incident.  I'm sure it's not the last ER visit I'll have with two boys, I need to get prepared!

No comments: