Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Eleven: Junk

I don't have much junk in my house. I'm probably the furthest thing from a pack-rat.  I typically go through closets and stuff every few months to get rid of items that we haven't used in awhile.  Keep the memories; get rid of the crap!  That's what I always tell Jordan, anyways. :)

One piece of junk we do still have is our desktop computer. Jordan got that thing for me our first Christmas that we were married, so that makes it way too old in computer terms.  We hardly ever use it anymore, as I typically use my work laptop for fun while I'm at home, too.  Well, that all changed when we obtained an iPad a few months ago. I didn't really understand what all the hype was about wasn't so sure that I would use it much. At first, Austin played on it all the time, watching cartoons or playing games. It's crazy how easy a 3 1/2 year old can navigate a iPad! I decided to take my turn, and I love that dang thing! I have the Kindle app on there and have read so many books on it! Does that make me cool now that I carry an iPad with me for when I go get a pedicure?

Speaking of the Kindle app (I'm getting off-topic here), I guess knows a good time to share some of my recent reads.

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James
Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James

(Let's be honest. I had to see what all the hype was around these books.  Interesting!)

Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens
Effortless by S.C. Stephens


Reason to Breathe by Rebecca Donovan
Barely Breathing by Rebecca Donovan

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Anyways, these are some of my faves! I've read a couple of other mediocre ones too, but didn't feel the need to list them.

No comments: