WOOOOHOOOO! Somehow, I have survived another busy season at KPMG. I am soooo thankful that today is March 30th and we managed to get my last client's 10-K filed, although there was a point yesterday where we weren't sure that would happen. Eeeeek! The thought of that just made my stomach turn, thinking that my busy season would not end. The amount of hours that I charged for the month of March is
ridiculous. I've been a little cranky this last week, drinking about four Diet Dr. Peppers a day, and eating nearly everything in sight. (I'm a stress eater, what can I say.) I probably haven't had more than 5 hours of sleep a night all month long. But it's done, and there's no sense in whining about it. What's done is done, and what's important is that I won't be doing it again. As tough as busy season was, I had such a great team working
for with me. My staff and seniors are incredibly hard workers and just power through it. They have eaten breakfast, lunch, and dinner in that dang audit room for weeks now. I guess I had it a little easier, since I was able to take a 'break' from working to come pick up the kids, eat dinner, and put them to bed. I seriously don't know why we do this to ourselves year after year. It's not like they pay me millions. Okay, maybe close. Hah, just kidding! But it's definitely all about the people, and I'm thankful for the other members of my teams that busted their butt in getting this done.
Now, onto more important things. No work for me for the next nine days!! YAY! I don't have to be anything other than a Mommy and a wifey. Okay, well, and a party planner. My sister's bridal shower is in two weeks and I have
got to kick it into high gear and start throwing this party together. After all, I do consider myself the hostess with the mostess. :) And I will get to experience Canton for
the very first time this weekend! How have I made it through my life without ever venturing off into this crafter's haven? I don't know, but I'm ready to see what all the fuss is about.
I know I have a week off, but I have lots of appointments and a long to-do list: Chase's 15-month check-up, endocrinologist appointment for me, date day with my hubby, prep for Easter Bunny arrival, etc. Man, when am I going to fit in my required naps!?
Oh, and guess who decided to
finally let go and be a big boy! This guy, right here! He still definitely prefers to crawl, because it's faster for him, but he's starting to get a little daring on his own. Love him!
No comments:
Post a Comment