Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Crazy Eight!

Happy 8 months to my little big boy, Chase Cooper!  I'm not even going to say that it's flying by, because I would just be repeating myself from last month. :)  He really is just a happy, mellow guy, and his personality is just shining through all the time now.  He cut 3 teeth on the top about two weeks ago, and the other top one is due to break through any minute now, which will make a total of 6.  He could practically eat a cheeseburger now, probably would if I let him!  He weighed in at a little over 21 lbs. yesterday at the Dr.'s office, and I feel the weight of every single pound while toting him around in my arms. 

He still loves to eat and devours all of the purees I've been making for him.  And he loves to munch on some Gerber puffs or yogurt melts in between meals.  Another accomplishment this month: he holds his bottle to feed himself.  I love this new development, because it allows me to have my hands free to do other tasks.  His favorite spot is leaned back in his high chair with his legs propped up while he drinks it.  This past weekend he has started to really put pressure on his legs and stand up and hold onto things.  The sight of this breaks my heart, knowing he will be fully mobile really soon.  Not sure I'm ready for my baby to grow up!  As far as being mobile right now, he does an army crawl, but really prefers to just roll across the room to get to where he needs to go; it's the funniest thing.

Austin and Chase play together often and we've been working with Austin on sharing his toys with his little brother.  Some days are better than others. :) But I love to watch them in the bath together.  A friend at work brought me a bath seat to use for him and he loves it!

We had a rough weekend, especially Monday night.  He slept all of about three hours all night.  It was our roughest night as parents to date.  Took him to the pediatrician yesterday, and what-do-you-know; another ear infection.  We were referred to an ENT and will meet with him next Wednesday.  He was the same doctor that put Austin's tubes in, so we pretty much know the process from here.  Most likely we'll get them put in before the end of the month.  The thought of putting him under scares me, but I know it's necessary to make him feel better in the long run.  Especially before we get into cold and flu season where he'd be more likely to have ear infections. So, if you can spare some, we'd appreciate any prayers you can send our way. I'm sure I'll have an update next week after we meet with the ENT. 

Here are a few pics from the past month.  The first two are from my fancy new camera, with a little editing by Photoshop.  Photography is one of my new hobbies. :)
 Daddy and Chase

Love those beautiful blue eyes! 

All smiles (and muscles!)

Foot propped up and chilling while Mommy cooks dinner

 Growing up too fast!

Playing cars with big brother

Austin showing Chase how to color in the bath 

Loooooove those cheeks!

No comments: