Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 7, 2011

On the Downhill to ONE!

Chase is 7 months old today, so we're officially on the downhill to the big ONE!  I can't believe it!  Time is flying by so much faster with Chase here, than when it was just Austin.  I do everything I can to savor every moment, but it's just speeding by us! He is such a happy, mellow little guy, I just love it!  When I walk into his room at daycare in the afternoon, his face just lights up with smile and immediately melts my heart.  If you hold him up to try to stand, he will proceed to bounce up and down nonstop, and just giggles away.  He's still eating great, and has even started eating a few finger foods with those two bottom teeth.  Drool constantly soaks his shirts, so I think more chompers are right around the corner.  And I still can't believe how much older he looks with his new haircut!

I love watching Austin and Chase interact.  Austin loves to climb into Chase's crib after he's getting from his nap and bring a few toys for them to play with.  Chase could watch Austin all day long.  I can tell they're going to be great brothers and play well together in the future. 

We've also had to switch carseats already. His infant carrier only went to 22lbs., and he weighed in at an ounce shy of 21lbs. yesterday at the pediatrician's.  We decided to get Austin a new seat, and hand his old one down to Chase and flip it to rear-facing.  Honestly, it was just cheaper to buy Austin a new one, rather than a convertible one for rear-facing now.  And since he's not in the infant carrier anymore, he got to sit in the front of the shopping cart for the first time and loved looking at everything.

Oh, one last thing.  He's on the verge on crawling.  What am I going to do when this kiddo gets mobile?! Ahhhh!  Here are a few pics of our growing boy!
I can't get over this face!

Anytime he can bounce, he's a happy guy!

Happy after getting his tummy full!

Eating one of his favorite snacks, a Mum-Mum!

Loving sitting in the shopping cart!

Playtime and drool time!
Love these boys!

Playing in Chase's bed!

Austin loves to push Chase around in his walker!

No comments: