These times are troubled and these times are good
And they're always gonna be, they rise and they fall
We take 'em all the way that we should
Together you and me forsaking them all
Deep in the night and by the light of day
It always looks the same, true love always does
And here by your side, or a million miles away
Nothin's ever gonna change the way that I feel,
The way it is, is the way that it was
When I said I do, I meant that I will 'til the end of all time
Be faithful and true, devoted to you
That's what I had in mind when I said I do
Well this old world keeps changin', and the world stays the same
For all who came before, and it goes hand and hand
Only you and I can undo all that we became
That makes us so much more, than a woman and a man
And after everything that comes and goes around
Has only passed us by, here alone in our dreams
I know there's a lonely heart in every lost and found
But forever you and I will be the ones
Who found out what forever means
When I said I do, I meant that I will 'til the end of all time
Be faithful and true, devoted to you
That's what I had in mind when I said I do
Truer than true, you know that I'll always be there for you
That's what I had in mind, that's what I had in mind,
When I said I do
And they're always gonna be, they rise and they fall
We take 'em all the way that we should
Together you and me forsaking them all
Deep in the night and by the light of day
It always looks the same, true love always does
And here by your side, or a million miles away
Nothin's ever gonna change the way that I feel,
The way it is, is the way that it was
When I said I do, I meant that I will 'til the end of all time
Be faithful and true, devoted to you
That's what I had in mind when I said I do
Well this old world keeps changin', and the world stays the same
For all who came before, and it goes hand and hand
Only you and I can undo all that we became
That makes us so much more, than a woman and a man
And after everything that comes and goes around
Has only passed us by, here alone in our dreams
I know there's a lonely heart in every lost and found
But forever you and I will be the ones
Who found out what forever means
When I said I do, I meant that I will 'til the end of all time
Be faithful and true, devoted to you
That's what I had in mind when I said I do
Truer than true, you know that I'll always be there for you
That's what I had in mind, that's what I had in mind,
When I said I do
I've been thinking the past week about what I should do for our anniversary blog post. As I was looking back at old wedding pictures, the above song popped into my head. And it's so true. When I said 'I Do', I meant that it was forever. Done; I would only be married once in my lifetime. Divorce has never been an option for me, unlike so many others who quickly turn to getting a divorce when things don't work out as they planned. I recently looked it up, only to see that the divorce rate in the U.S. is an astonishing 49%.
I know that at times, in a few extenuating circumstances, divorce is necessary. But I ultimately believe that, for the most part, it can be prevented. Whether it's making sure that you truly know somebody before you wed, or have to endure counseling to make it all work out, couples should use every ounce of their being to prevent divorce.
Well, for better or worse, and richer or poorer, Jordan and I are in this together. Til death do us part.
I know that at times, in a few extenuating circumstances, divorce is necessary. But I ultimately believe that, for the most part, it can be prevented. Whether it's making sure that you truly know somebody before you wed, or have to endure counseling to make it all work out, couples should use every ounce of their being to prevent divorce.
Well, for better or worse, and richer or poorer, Jordan and I are in this together. Til death do us part.
We by no means have a perfect marriage; I don't think that one really exists. We've had our share of issues, arguments, challenges, etc., but we are determined to work through it all, especially now more than ever that we have two special little boys involved in this. We may not like each other everyday, but we certainly love each other. After everything we've been through, our love and marriage continues to get stronger each and everyday.
So, here's to 8 years, babe!! I love you! Two more, and we're Hawaii-bound! But for tonight, we'll settle for a quiet night away from the kids at the Gaylord Texan. :)
P.S. Thanks Katrina and Logan for watching the boys for us! Hope they behave. :)
P.S. Thanks Katrina and Logan for watching the boys for us! Hope they behave. :)


1 comment:
Hey we're doing Hawaii for our 10th too!!
Post a Comment