9 years ago today, Jordan and I had our first date. Needless to say, as a sophomore in college, having just joined a sorority, and working and going to school full-time, I was not looking for anything serious. We met through a mutual friend (who I initially had a crush on, nonetheless) and it was lust at first sight. Yep, I said it. I thought that guy with the goatee, sporting the Boston Red Socks cap was a hottie. And he drove a big white Chevrolet truck with mud tires. What more could a girl want?! Nevermind the fact that he was currently on a 'sabbatical' from his job, rarely attended his college classes, and was a little 'damaged' from his recent bad break-up. That didn't matter to me; I was just looking to hang out and have a good time.
We had hung out a time or two at the local bar in town. Yes, we were underage; but that didn't matter one bit in Commerce. I think maybe he was impressed by my drinking beer straight from the pitcher back then. Oh, how times have changed! :) For our first date, Jordan made me chocolate chip cookies and had them delivered to the sorority house waiting for me with a stuffed animal when I got home from work. (I was currently working in a bakery and was always bringing others treats, but nobody ever made me sweets.) It was a great gesture. Then he took me to Olive Garden and to a movie. I know; big spender. :) We had a great time, and the next day I went to work and told my co-workers that I was going to marry this guy. Of course, they all looked at me like I was crazy. Granted, we had our ups and downs over the next few months dealing with his ex, but we weathered through and he put a ring on my finger 8 months later on a beach before the spring semester started back. We were married the following summer.Now here we are in 2011, and just welcomed our second son. Who would have thought this is where we would be?! Happy dating anniversary, Satchmo! Love Love!


No comments:
Post a Comment