Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Chase's Due Date!

Well, today was Chase's due date. I can't believe that he has already been in our lives for over 3 weeks now. January 7th seems so far back when we had him. This morning, I weighed him in, and he was 8lbs. 3 oz. I wonder if he would have been this size, or bigger, if we had actually made it to my due date. As today approached, I felt a little bit of guilt, wondering if there was anything I could have done differently from him having to make his entrance at 36w5d. Since my blood pressure was high, I knew that I needed to stay off my feet as much as possible and rest. I wasn't exactly the best at following that advice, but even when I did, my blood pressure was still high. So, I guess it was just inevitable that he was going to have to come early like his big brother did. I'm just so thankful that even at over 3 weeks early, he was still a healthy weight and didn't have any medical problems and his lungs were strong.

We've definitely had to get used to having a smaller baby. A co-worker said that I actually get to experience having a 'newborn' since Chase wasn't quite the chunk that Austin was. When we first brought Chase home, most of his newborn clothes swallowed him up and he frequently leaked out of his diapers because they were a little big. But here we are, 3 weeks later, and he is gaining weight like a mad man! He has still been a great baby, sleeping 3-4 hours and taking in more and more formula each day. And I think that with the second child, you are more relaxed and don't get worked up too much over things. I remember when we had Austin, I constantly stared at the video monitor checking on him and would jump at every cry and whimper. Now, if I hear Chase crying, I still go in there almost immediately, but it's because I don't want him to wake up Austin. :)

Bottom line............I'm in love, with all 3 of my boys and I wouldn't have my life any other way! :)

No comments: