Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy Birthday to You!

Ugh, can it really be; two years already? It just doesn't seem possible! I took cupcakes up to Austin's class on Friday of his birthday week. Austin must have known that cupcakes were coming right after nap time, because he woke up early and greeted me at the door when I got there. It was so cute when all of his friends sang Happy Birthday to him. And then they all dug into cupcakes with blue and yellow frosting. (I'm sure the teachers and the parents were thanking me later! :)) There was no way Austin was going to let me go home and leave him at school, so I took him home with me at 2:30
to play for the rest of the day. Conveniently, that night was also 'Parent's Night Out' at his school where you can pay $25 for them to watch your kiddo from 6-midnight while they have a pizza party and have all sorts of fun. It's quite the bargain if you ever have to pay a real babysitter by the hour! So, we decided to take advantage of this opportunity and I took him back up there at 6pm. Jordan and I grabbed a tasty dinner at Saltgrass and then headed home to do all the party prep for the next day. Jordan cleaned house while I made Austin's birthday cake and started setting up.

The next morning we treated Austin to a delicious birthday breakfast of chocolate milk and donuts with sprinkles. What more could a kid ask for?! Then Jordan took him for a quick haircut so he could look his best when our guests arrived at 4pm. The Handy Manny theme was a hit and everything went off without a hitch!
He got lots of great toys and clothes. Although, I think his favorite thing he received was a singing Mickey Mouse card he got from Meow Meow and LoLo. I guess it's the little things in life that make him happy. :)
I still can't believe he is two years old. It's so hard to remember what life was like without him in it.

No comments: