I can't believe it! A day to celebrate......me, as a mom. Finally, I'm a mom this year. I think back to how depressing it was all those other Mother's Days, when I wanted to have a baby in my arms so badly. Then last year I was one step closer, with a baby in my belly. Now, this year, I have my sweet Austin by my side to celebrate with me. I am truly thankful to be a mom; it's the best job ever! I feel that I have a whole new purpose in life now that he is here. When he's not with me, I'm constantly thinking about him and wondering what he's doing. I've gotten better and more comfortable with letting family babysit him and stay overnight, but I still miss him terribly every second that he is away. I just want to cherish every moment I can. Especially now that I have gone back to work, we have a limited amount of time together during the week, so the weekends are our special time. Maybe I'm just being selfish. But the past 6 months have been completely amazing being a mom, and I already have the itch for baby #2.

Austin sent me some beautiful pink tulips to work on Friday. He did so good, remembering they were my favorite flower. And then two other surprises. On Friday, my audit team got me a First Mother's Day card and had it waiting for me when I got to work. It was so sweet! Then today, I got a delivery at home. It was a beautiful orchid plant from my Godfather Jeff in Kansas City, to celebrat my first Mother's Day. I feel so loved!! Tomorrow, I'm just hoping to relax and enjoy my day at home. Nothing special, but hopefully some breakfast in bed. (Hint, hint!!) Anyways, Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!
No comments:
Post a Comment