Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Typical Morning.....

This is just a glimpse into a typical morning in the Hougham household. Lately, since I've been so busy with work, I head out the door before anybody else in the house is up. (Chase has become pretty attached lately and will at times have a meltdown for 10 min after I leave. So for the sake of all parties involved, I head off to work before he wakes.) Jordan usually doesn't have to be at work til 9 or 10, so he gets morning duty. :)

Daddy runs the show in the morning since I'm gone. Wait......what I meant to say was that the BOYS run the show, as evidenced by this picture:
  •  Chase is enjoying: french toast sticks, blueberry muffins, Go-gurt, and Cheezits
  •  Each kid gets their own iPad to watch their selected cartoons on
  •  Chase, being the big independent boy lately, has dragged his chair from the playroom into the 
     kitchen so that he can climb up into a chair.
  •  Moments after this picture, Austin went to school with rain boots on, despite the bright sunny 
     day in TX.
Needless to say, once you have kids, you learn to pick your battles and let the little things slide. :)



Speaking of mornings, I started bootcamp this week. That means that I drag my tired butt out of bed at 4:45 for an hour tortuous workout MWF. I looked pretty silly walking around the office this week, as my entire body ached and muscles I didn't even remember I had were sore. I definitely got my ass handed to me these first few sessions. It's definitely been too long since this body was pushed! But I'm sticking with it, even though I curse myself when the alarm goes off wondering why I ever thought it was a good idea to sign up for a workout at 5am. We're less than 3 months away from vacation, so desperate times call for desperate measures!

No comments: