Oh man; this day has certainly snuck up on me. When did my baby grow up?! After we had Austin, we knew we wanted to start trying again for another child when he was one, anticipating that we would have a struggle on our hands getting pregnant again. But Chase wanted to make things easy on me, as I became pregnant just four months later. We were thrilled and ecstatic about the news. Of course, he didn't make the pregnancy easy on me at all, as I had all-day sickness for about 6 months straight. But the sickness was worth every bit of it once we finally held him in our arms. Chase seemed so tiny when he came into the world on 1/7/11 at 6lbs. 4oz. We had expected him to be a little bigger, but being 3 1/2 weeks early, we were just thankful for a healthy baby.
Since we knew he would be our last baby, completing our family of four, we have tried to soak up every last minute of it all. It's hard to remember life before he was in it. From the get-go, he was a sweet, snuggly little thing. His teachers at school have nicknamed him 'the teddy bear', and it fits perfectly. Here we are two years later, and he's still as sweet as can be. In alot of ways he's just like his older brother, but different as well. And every time I look at this kid, I can't help but think that he is the spitting image of both his daddy and big brother. Although he was small when he came into this world, he is only a couple pounds behind his 4 year old brother and is a hoss!
After consulting the hubby, we've come up with our favorite things (in no particular order) about our sweet Chase Chase!
- Like I mentioned before, this kid is so sweet & cuddly. I love that even at this age, he loves to sit in my lap and cuddle with me. In the few times we've allowed him into our bed at night when he's been sick, he literally gets in my 'nook' and cuddles right up to me. One of his favorite things is to grab a few books and plop down in your lap for you to read to him. He used to be a Daddy's boy, but he has turned completely 100% into a Momma's boy and I'm eating it up!
- I love how excited he gets when he sees us (me, Jordan, or Austin for that matter!) When I walk in to his classroom at school, he runs right up to me shouting my name. It's definitely just what I need after a long day at the office. When we're home and he hears Jordan's truck pulling into the garage, he runs from across the house yelling Dada! Dada! and bangs on the window. Once Jordan is in the door, he runs right up to him and gives him a giant hug.
- His overall personality is just awesome. Jordan just described it to me as a 'silent badass'. :) Yeah, he's more of the strong silent type. And he loves to strip. Many mornings lately, I've gone to get him up, and he's been either completely naked or without pants on. He is soooo much like his Daddy!
- I love to watch Chase interact with Austin and see the love he has for him and how much he looks up to him. It is seriously 'monkey see, monkey do' with those two. If Austin is doing something, Chase wants in on the action too. My favorite part is in the evening at bedtime, when they give each other goodnight hugs and kisses. It is the cutest thing ever! I just wonder how long it's going to last.
- And those blue eyes......awwwww! I'm not quite sure where he got them from (somewhere from Jordan's family, I think), but they are just amazing. With eyes like those, I have a hard time saying no to anything. I can't imagine what he's going to do to the ladies when he gets older. :)
We had his birthday party on Saturday and it was quite the success. I will get around to blogging about it later this week!
Happy 2nd Birthday to my sweet Chase Cooper!!
Here's a few pics from a recent photo shoot!
I think he looks JUST like his Daddy here!
Love this one!
So handsome!
Oh, those blue eyes get me every time!
Giving Mommy kisses
Playing in the tree with his bubba










1 comment:
I can't believe chase is 2!!!! Happy birthday sweet boy, from here to there Love your chi town bunny aunt
Post a Comment