What a successful shower, if I say so myself! It was a bit of a madhouse Sunday morning, but the shower was beautiful and exactly how I envisioned it. I feel like I have been prepping for this event for months now. But maybe that’s because I had to do it in very small increments when I found time between busy season, the two kiddos, working out, and sleeping! But it was all worth it in the end and really came together.
When I sent out the invitations, I included a custom monogrammed recipe card (made by yours truly!), so that each guest could bring a recipe for Katrina to include in her stash to make some delicious meals for Logan when they’re still in the honeymoon stage. J And she got a lot of great recipes! For the favors, I came up with the ‘He Popped the Question’ idea, and had flavored popcorn (grape and cheesecake) and cake pops for the guests to take with them when they departed. And I made a super cute banner on my new favorite machine, too.
As for food, I pretty much divided those responsibilities out to the other maids, since I was so focused on décor, favors, etc. All the girls came through with quite a selection of yum-yums, including a signature purple beverage (alcoholic, of course!) for us to sip on during the shower. It was so yummy, you couldn’t even tell it had alcohol in it, which is dangerous!! For the cake, one of the maids, ordered it from the same bakery that’s doing the wedding cake, and it was amazing and full of flavor!
We played a game called, ‘How well do you know the happy couple’, which had a list of 20 questions with multiple choice. And we also put Katrina on the spot with the ‘Nearly Newlywed Game’, where I had interviewed and recorded Logan’s responses the week before and she had to guess his response. Well, her responses were entertaining and provided lots of laughs!
When it came time to open all of the gifts, we found out that Target severely needs to improve the gift registry updating, as she got four crockpots, 2 Shark steam mops, and 2 glass pitchers. And she got a lot of other great gifts which took several cars to load up. I’m super-thankful for everyone who came together and make this shower awesome for my sister, and for all the women that came out in the rain to shower the bride for the day.
Now that the shower’s done and we’re less than 3 months out from the big day, I’m sure the bride has many more things on my to-do list. Ahhhhhh! But Vegas is in two months, so something to look forward to!



No comments:
Post a Comment