This week has just been flying by. It doesn't seem possible that I've been off work for a week already. Okay, well I haven't been away from work 100%. I've still had to do a few things and do a couple conference calls, but I'll take it! Is Christmas really the day after tomorrow?! This year I have been super-behind, and I hate it. You throw an extra kid in the mix and a husband that works all weekend, and you get absolutely NO time to do any Christmas shopping! But I'm making the best of it, and finished up yesterday. Now time to relax. I'll try to recap this past week as best as possible, but I'll be honest; I wasn't the best at doing a Christmas activity each day.
Day 18: Let's see......I don't even remember what we did on Sunday. But the night before, my sister and Logan were here to stay the night. We loaded up in the car to go grab dinner, and on the way back, we drove around to look at Christmas lights. There's this one house in our neighborhood that goes all out, with lights everywhere, set to music on the radio, in 'The Christmas Story' movie theme. It's pretty awesome. And to make it even better, the owner was standing at the curb, in a Santa costume, handing out candy canes to people stopping by to look at lights! Austin was amazed that Santa Claus was right there.
Day 19 & 20: I don't think we did a specific Christmas activity, really. I know; I've seriously fallen off the advent calendar wagon. I'll try to do better next year. But we did watch 'The Polar Express' with Austin, and he loves it. He keeps repeating lines from the movie. I swear, he has a vault for a memory. And we've continued to sing and dance around to Christmas music. His favorite: Jingle Bells. He gets all into it with his guitar, and I just dance around with Chase as he giggles.
Day 21: Okay, I do remember what we did this day, because it was awesome. We took advantage of Jordan's first day off in nine days headed to the Gaylord. We took Austin to ICE last year there, and we had a less than stellar time. He was cold the whole time, refused to walk, and nine-months pregnant mommy had to carry him! I was hoping that this year would be an improvement, especially since the theme was Shrek, who he loves. Meow Meow and Lo Lo joined in the fun, too. I knew I wasn't going to take Chase through it; he would be too cold (it's 9 degrees!), so I had already planned to stay back with him. But sweet LoLo volunteered to stay with Chase, so that I could go through with Austin. We had a great time, and Austin was amazed to see all the characters. After walking through, we did some snowtubing down the hills as well. He was unsure at first, but after the first ride, he was hooked! Overall, it was a successful trip!
Day 22: Not that it had anything to do with Christmas, but I went to look at the chapel where Katrina and Logan are getting married......super-cute! And I even snagged an invite to do the food tasting at the country club to help set the menu. Needless to say, it was a delicious meal....can't wait to get full portions! :) Okay, back to Christmas. After the boys and I finished dinner, I heard a noise out in the street. When I peeked out the window, I found carolers standing in front of our house. I didn't think people did that anymore! But I quickly grabbed the boys and we headed outside. It was so awesome! Then Austin and I baked cookies to take to our great neighbors, the Maples.
We haven't done our activity for today yet, so I won't write about it. But I'm looking forward to some relaxing time in the upcoming days. Great food, fun times with family, and a birthday for my sister! Lots to blog about, later. :)
Dear my Birthday Bruh,
5 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment