I often wonder why I can't have a normal pregnancy. Maybe if I had easy pregnancies, then I would be willing to have more children. But that's obviously not the case here.
I woke up yesterday morning feeling kinda 'off' and not well. I got sick, but that's not really a surprise these days still. Then I laid down for awhile and felt a little better. So, I decided to do some chores around the house and just started feeling really lousy. I noticed that Chase had changed positions and significantly dropped. I no longer had a 'perfectly round' belly, but was carrying very low. It felt completely weird, his movements were still there, just in different areas than before and not as strong. If I tried to stand or walk for longer than ten minutes, I felt an awful lot of pressure like he was just going to fall out of me. Back to the couch I went to lay down. It seemed to ease up if I sat or laid down. While sitting down at dinner trying to enjoy my delicious homemade chili and cornbread, I started to feel some cramping. That's it, I had to call the doc. The on-call nurse called me back, asked some questions, and recommended that I go up to L&D at the hospital to get checked out just in case it was pre-term labor. I'm usually not one to freak out, but since I never went into labor with Austin and had a scheduled c-section, I'm no expert on what labor feels like. Yikes!
So, CiCi came to the rescue to watch Austin while Jordan took me to the hospital. Going back up to the 2nd floor at Lake Pointe just brought all the memories back. Got to the room, peed in my cup, and got my gown on. The nurse came in to hook me up to the monitors. However, Chase didn't want to cooperate, and they couldn't get his heartbeat on the fetal monitor. It was hard to stay calm, but I could feel some movement, so I knew in my heart he was fine. But my pulse was racing as we waited. While we waited for the sonogram tech to come, they hooked me up to the monitor and I was having some mild sporadic contractions. WTH?! It was way too early for Chase to make his arrival. I mean, I know the Duggars had their baby at around 26 weeks, but I would rather not have to deal with the stress of a preemie. The sonogram revealed that Chase was just fine, but was really low. He was measuring right at 2 lbs. The nurse checked my cervix for any signs of pre-term labor, but all came came back good. The ultimate diagnosis was that I was dehydrated, so after filling me with fluids, the contractions stopped. I was told to take it easy and stay hydrated. Whew, that was a close one! So, no more chores around the house or anything like that. I'm hoping that everything goes well from here on out, because I don't want to be dealing with bedrest or anything just yet.
In the meantime, Chase is still laying pretty low. Extra pressure on my bladder, yay! I definitely can't stand or walk long distances right now. Next appointment with the doc is next Monday, so we'll see what he says.
Dear my Birthday Bruh,
5 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment