
It's another BOY for the Houghams!! I saw that little turtle on the screen long before the u/s tech pointed it out to us, and my heart jumped with joy! Everything looked great and the baby was measuring normal with all the different parts of the anatomy. I'm actually measuring 3 days ahead of my actual due date right now, too. After the u/s, Jordan accompanied me to my regular monthly appointment, which has been a first for this pregnancy. It can be particularly awkward when you have to get undressed at the OB's office and your husband is sitting across the room giving you the stink eye. But luckily today, no need to get undressed, which was perfectly fine with me.

Just a prick of the finger to check for anemia, talk about my nausea/vomiting, and listen to the heartbeat. My total weight gain/loss at this point is -4 from my starting weight. It's getting back up there, slowly but surely. I didn't actually gain any weight with Austin until after 20 weeks, so we're right on track with last time. For the most part I feel pretty good. I only have about one day a week where I get sick and feel like crap most of the day. Sleep has become a little uncomfortable because I'm a stomach sleeper, so I'm trying to manage that. I've got a little bump going on and feel like I'm carrying just like I was with Austin.
Ahhhh! I can't believe I will be the mother of two boys. I guess I will get to be the Queen of our castle and let them adore me. :) I have no sadness whatsoever about not having a little girl. I wasn't dead set on having one of each before we quit trying to have children. I always knew I wanted two kids and whatever they were, that was it. I would never try to tempt fate by trying for a third for a girl.

At least there will be no weddings to pay for! And I think about the boxes and boxes of baby boy clothes up in the attic that I just have to wash and put in the new nursery. So cheap, since they'll be born in pretty much the same seasons.
Now we start the name game/battle. We can't seem to come to a consensus, so this should be interesting. My plan for the nursery is to a transportation theme with planes, trains, and automobiles. I envision a train track, roadways painted on the wall, etc. I've been browsing baby bedding all afternoon and am getting excited about getting the nursery together!
1 comment:
Awww, I'm so excited for you Jen. Two boys are so much fun. You're in for a busy, challenging, fun, amazing adventure!
Post a Comment