Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 25, 2010

We have a Walker!

When I used to think about what my kid(s) would be like, I imagined they would be advanced, the first to do everything. Well……not so much. Austin began walking behind his toys and along the furniture right before 10 months. I thought for sure it wouldn’t be too much longer before he would finally let go and take off. We waited, and waited, and waited. Night after night we would try to make him stand up and walk a few steps between us. That stubborn kid just didn’t WANT to walk, that’s all there was to it. He would much rather crawl at a super-fast pace to get where he needed. I had resigned to the fact that he would be crawling to kindergarten. Then two weeks ago, we had stopped over at my mom’s new apartment one night after dinner to visit. We stood him up between us, and he just took off! Quickly I reached for my purse to grab my handy new FLIP HD video camera we got for Christmas (thanks, Mom!) to try to capture this moment. And I did!! He was so proud of himself and his newfound independence. When he walks around the house, he has the biggest smile on his face, and it makes me so happy! But now he is into EVERYTHING!! Last weekend, Katrina and I were working on the playroom (see next post) and I had the big ladder out. I turned around and he had already climbed up three rungs! He’s a brave little boy, with no fear whatsoever.

I have been saying for months now, that once Austin started walking, I would take him to Chuck E. Cheese. Well, once another snowstorm hit the Dallas area which closed school and work, I was desperate to get out the house. So, I took him to Chuck E. Cheese and had fun for 2 ½ hours on $10. Pretty cool. Well, the next night was when he started walking. I guess he turned it around on me and said ‘Mom, you take me to Chuck E. Cheese and THEN I’ll walk!’ Oh, that little stinker’s going to be some trouble!

No comments: