Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, November 13, 2009

The Big ONE!!!!

One year ago today, my life changed forever. I walked back to the operating room a little before noon and was shaking in my cute fuzzy socks. At 12:32pm, our sweet baby boy was finally pulled from my belly (with the help of forceps and a vacuum, nonetheless). We had waited for this day for over two years. His first cries warmed my heart and brought tears of happiness rolling down my face. It was love at first sight to say the least. Our lives changed forever that day and I am so thankful to have such a healthy, happy little boy. With that being said, where the heck did the past year go?!? I can't believe he turns one today! How did he go from that tiny little baby to this rambunctious boy?!

His party is planned for Sunday and I have so much to do to get ready. But first, I'll be taking cupcakes up to his class at school this afternoon. So look for upcoming pictures of that. Speaking of his class at school, last week he moved out of the infants class and into the 12-18 months class. I was nervous about the transition, especially since he would be going from two naps to just one. But surprisingly, he has done spectacular and adapted to his new environment and schedule. This weekend we also made the switch to regular milk (yay, no more expensive formula!) and turned his carseat around to forward-facing. And we finally took him for his first real big-boy haircut last weekend. I was worried he wouldn't sit still, but he did so good and looks so handsome! He is just growing up too fast!

Two weeks ago Jordan's friend who does photography on the side, came out to the local park with us for two hours to take his 1 year pics. I wanted to do something different rather than the posed pics at JC Penney. All of them turned out FABULOUS!! We ended up with about 400 pictures on a CD. My favorite pic is of Austin in a shirt and tie. He looks like it's his school picture or something. I have such a hard time figuring out which ones to print out and frame.

I take him to the Dr. on Monday for his one year checkup. But I weighed him last night and he's 21 lbs. 6oz. I couldn't get him to stay still long enough to measure his height, but he's still short and stocky. :) And I'm pretty sure he's teething again, but not sure which ones are coming in this time. I took him to the Dr. last week for his flu shot finally. I took him by myself and was fully prepared to have to console him afterwards. But nope; the nurse stuck his leg and he just laid there, not even a flinch! What a tough little guy!

Two weeks ago for Halloween we dressed him up as a turkey. I had debated between the turkey outfit and the Hulk, but ultimately went with the turkey. He looked so darn cute!! We pulled him around in his wagon door to door collecting candy (for mommy and daddy, of course!). He wasn't quite sure what to think about all of it. But we are definitely looking forward to the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. Since he was born in late November, last holiday season was kinda chaotic and we didn't really have too much energy for decorations and all the fun. But this year is a different story! I know he's going to enjoy the big dinners, because we always cook such a feast.

No comments: